Thursday, October 18, 2012

Tarbert - Uig - Fort William

I even saw a hairy coo on the way to Portree on the bus since we wizzed by them
 so quickly I wasn't able to get a shot. So here is a picture I found online, until I can
capture one in real life on camera. 
I did a post 3 months back of this trip in reverse, now we are back again. Got up in the morning for our last meal at the Hotel Hebrides then our farewells and good-byes. It was really sad to say so long to these wonderful people on the island.

11:50 the ferry took off and that will be the last time we see the Hebrides for awhile. Danny and I want to come back some day to see the rest of the isle. We arrived at Uig for about an hour were we got the chance to enjoy the sun on the tea house patio since the weather was just beautiful today. 14:45 off to Fort William at 18:20 we finally arrived, I don't recall this ride being so bumpy on the way up.

Finally time to get off the bus, pick up our train tickets and find something to eat. Couldn't be bothered to wander too far from the station we got some quick food from Morrisons. Now off to find out hotel Innseagan Hotel  google map said that it was about a mile and a half from bus station but we ended up walking for quite some time. We reached an area where the street lights just stopped, I started to get all worried and tried to call the hotel. There was no answer then we pulled it up on our gps saying that we already past it. I had to wander up to one of the many hotels before the streets lights ended to ask for directions. They assured me that the hotel was about another half a mile ahead, I trusted him and trudged onwards. Lucky for us it wasn't raining nor overly cold.

Greeted by some barking dogs we were able to get settled in and lie down for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment