Monday, October 15, 2012

Good-Bye Hotel Hebrides


The Pierhouse Restaurant 
During my time in western Hebrides I learned that in a community as small as this everyone really does know everyone. There are ears and eyes everywhere, maybe Ray the cat is really a spy.

Personally I like how connected it is but then again you lose all personal space, there has to be a nice medium between not knowing who your neighbours are to them making you feel bad cause you didn't know what day the bins were suppose to go out.

The locals have been nothing but friendly towards us not discriminating where we are all from, asking lots of questions and learning our names. Three months later we have learnt their names and spent time over crosswords and learning about what makes them such amazing individuals.

Now the fellow employees, we are glue that holds the place together. When put to the task and feeding off each others energy we all work like a well oiled machine. We don't get enough recognition for the work we have done that extra bit we put in. So this is me saying 'You did a fantastic job!' I know I was there.

The Mote Bar
I have heard some amazing stories, met people from around the world, learnt words/phrases I have never heard before coming here and now have to say good-bye to the people that I have grown fond of. Saying good-bye is never easy but in this life time it is necessary to keep moving on.


I was torn about writing this post since there were things I wanted to say that were not so lets say 'fun' about working at the hotel. We all have problems with the hours we worked, how management is ran but who doesn't? Do you know anyone that loves their job let alone their bosses? At least our accommodations and bills was provided and even meals when you were working allowing time for other things.

MacQueen Street - Staff housing.
Instead of plaguing this post with negative energy, personal thoughts that could hinder my future job applications I wrote about the wonderful things that I have witnessed and learned here.


Three months breezed on by and it is time to move again, onto the next adventure. Stay tuned. Same Bat-time, Same Bat- Channel. :P


No comments:

Post a Comment