Friday, April 3, 2015

Sendai -> Ichinoseki -> Morioka


Sendai's specialty is Gyutan 牛たん (beef tongue) you can eat it with rice like a teshoku, in ramen and I am sure many other ways. I had it in a bowl of (jaja mein) good old Chinese style noodles, though it was far to heavy for brunch. (I should have known better) 


We didn't really explore Sendai much but I can mention the area we were staying at was between the shopping district and what seemed like a fair amount of host clubs and love hotels. It reminded me a less crowded version of kabukicho, which isn't so bad since it isn't new to me.

I figured for someone who was entirely new to this would turn their gaze away from the girls for hire and the billboards with an abundance of girls and prices deals. 

Now, the initial plan for today was to visit the cat island off the coast of Ishinomaki but we quickly realized that the frequency of the ferries out there are quite limited. Apparently departing at 8am,1pm and 3:40pm. Sadly the last return boat is at 3pm. We sadly already missed the opportunity to catch the one at 1pm, it was decided for us that our chance to visit this place has passed. 

Damn lack of planning, hindsight you win this time. 

Now we will go directly to Morioka, the weather report states that it is going to be raining but I think we should be fine to explore the city at least little bit. Our estimated time of arrival is now 3pm, even though we left this morning at about 10:30am. Taking local trains sure has shown its downside, however I am enjoying my book and will be able to write thorough blog posts. (My best ones are always when I have long commutes, I find it easy to think) 

Arriving at Ichinoseki the next train out to Morioka was an hour later. If we were taking the Shinkansen it would have been quick, also the trains seem to come at 15 minute intervals. 

From there a short walk was needed to stretch our legs. Since we have nothing else to do with out time off to the local river...


I buffered this photograph with high filters to take away the countryside gloom it held as grey skies wish to commence raining. 

The best part of this place was the library which has an old train parked out front, a very fitting moment in this journey. 


This train is dedicated to Tsukuru Tazaki, yes I am well aware a library is not a train station. 

Rainy Morioka....it time for wankosoba!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment