Thursday, September 29, 2011

Good Bye Calgary, I mean Canada

Now I am finally waiting to board my flight to London some interesting occurrences has already taken place.

1. When I made it into the line to check-in the lady at the front of the line asked if I would like to volunteer for a possible better spot on the flight (first class premium no less) The stipulation was that they had over booked the flight I was taking and in hopes to fit everyone or move them onto the later flight to London Heathrow via Air Canada.

So her proposal was that I don't check in now and hope to get one of these first class seats on the same flight. OR if they don't have room on the Transtat flight that I would get bumped to a later flight via AC and I would get a bonus 400CAD travel voucher for future flights but I would arrive 4 hours later.

It was very tempting since first class is pretty darn awesome from my last experience riding near the cockpit. The last thing I would want to do is make Danny pick me up four hours later at a totally different airport. I hope that someone got to take advantage of this potential deal.

2. I have to make note when I did finally get to check in (20kg max/luggage) I was 6lbs over and the lady at the counter didn't charge me anything.

3. From there I headed to security after saying good bye to my two dear friends that kept me entertained with the addition of room and board. Everyone from the first person I dealt with to the very last were absolutely fantastic. Friendly, cheerful and smiling. This gives me a great feeling to be at this airport.

Was Edmonton airport always so dreary in comparison?

4. Now with my duty free bought I just have to wait to pick it up I didn't know that we weren't allowed to walk it to the gate but that is cool it isn't like I wanted to carry much more. Like I don't have enough stuff already. I don't ever recall not being about to take your duty free purchase on your persons.

5. Free WIFI, not this isn't just for Calgary airport everywhere in Calgary I got wifi signal almost everywhere I found that most of the places that I ended up leeching off of was usually a Starbucks but since there are so many everywhere there was no lack of internet access. Again, Canada takes the gold for wifi availability.

I am not much of a writer as you who know me already are aware of but writing in my travel blog once again makes me excited. Since I know that this will be a beginning of a wonderful chapter.

Thanks for reading, stay tuned.
Much love. <3

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! Hope you have so much fun with Danny in the UK!! LOVE YOU!! I will keep in touch and watch yer blog :)

    ReplyDelete