Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Goodbye Japan you've been great, I'll never forget you.

It's kinda like "When you wake up with a broken heart" this is like a real breakup. 
My Japan movie. 

Now as I mentally prepare for my last hours in Japan I scroll through my photos which seem never ending. In Japan I have felt a loneliness that I have never suffered before in this vast metropolitan city that engulfed, stunned and impressed me in ways that imagination supersedes. 
Nishio and Dhani, thank you so much for the very warm welcome back to Tokyo. 
Kris Wolf, you keep being you and you'll be famous in no time. 
Lyo, you are the person I would love to travel around Taiwan and by travel I mean eat food. Thank you so much for inviting me to your house and jamming. I hope that we can one day right a song and preform it at an open stage. 
I've been lost in the lifestyle, uncomfortably squished into a train in the busiest train station in the world and and sauntered down seemingly undiscovered pockets of the countryside, literally and psychologically, a continious cascading waterfall of experiences.  
Shota, it is always lovely having dinner with you. Next time we are going to get drunk! On me, promise.
For those who've known me during these times have had numerous conversations about life and all that it entails. Whether it had to do with international/domestic travels of the past and future in detail, the unheard of reasons to learn Japanese or most of all what we should do, to make life more forgiving.
Think of all the stories!
Heather, Thanks for digging me out of a bad situation, I am really grateful and I hope that we can party on in Taiwan. 
The boys team, we didn't really have a chance to say goodbye but it was great seeing you as always. 
don't flinch anymore at the thought of what'll come next on my journey. I can embrace and adhere to all walks of life with a sense 'resourcefulness' I didn't know I possessed. 

Living in Tokyo was like trying to decipher a puzzle story book about an individual I once knew in an elongated mind blogging dream. Before I get strangely off topic, most importantly it has shown me consistent change and the ability to adapt, this will prove to serve me well. I couldn't have learned all of this anywhere else in the world. Alas, as much as I adore and will eternally set aside a crevasse that only Japan can fill it isn't the place that I can quite call my home, it's close. 

If you had asked me this time last year if I was ready to leave I would have shared an emotional tale that I wasn't and will never be ready to watch the sunset on my last days here. 

Although, I'm still going to put one foot in front of another and keep searching. It's unlikely that I'll be happy with a small corner of any world, even if it is filled with overtly eccentric media, mouth watering cuisine and a list of numerous activities that I'll never quite finish or master. 

Hanami with new and old friends. Thanks Rie, you are amazing and don't ever stop being yourself. You are really lovely and your boyfriend is damn lucky to have such a wonderful and intelligent woman! I am going to find you in Scotland... :) Pat, thank you for all your support and kind words, I'll see you in the next swan shaped paddle boat.
I've just scratched the surface. 
....but....

The place that I called home, the city I kept returning to, the people I will forever call my friends, I thank you. It has been awhile where I was able to walk off the Tarmac and feel a sense of relief and excitement that I had yet to experience with essence of familiar. 

Trini! Taiwan, Japan...where next! Stay fantastic. I'm sure we are going to have a blast in Europe! 
I don't even know how to say it, with you the world seems brighter and better all around. Not only are we tree leave friends, you have made me remember that even if life is dramatic it isn't bad when you have people to share your stories with. I want to travel with you someday and you owe me a trip to the Philippines. 
Casey, Casey, Casey....we never do anything normal. Trust me that is a full on compliment from me, Until next time. *salute* 
You! Yes, all of you! 

Elizabeth, your consistency to be genki and rock at being an entrepreneur always amazes me. I want to be like you, really! You're like role model. Since you have stoic-ness in all that you do is something I lack. So you be strong and amazing and I will find my resolve in this big wide world. 

Tomu, Thank you receiving me and sending me off. You already know how valuable it is to have close friends and the ones that stand by you through thick and thin. I got your back. Always. Come find me and we can party. Please. I will miss you soo much. 
From the bottom of my heart I thank you. ...for listening to me whinge and whine, speak of foreign lands, share my stories and letting me be me. That's all I ever wanted and most of all accepting me for who I am. Seriously, it sounds cheesy and there will be times I will wish from the depth of my being that I can return and relive this eye catching, page turning chapter all over again. 

Tokyo, Japan you've been a relationship that I'll will take to the ends of the earth. For anyone who has made it to the end of this post, 'come find me' 'I will be waiting you' whenever I over hear Japanese spoken at an iconic tourist spot or eat a piece of overly priced sushi I'll think of you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment