Saturday, December 25, 2010

Hanoi, the last of Vietnam

This is the last of our trip in Vietnam, after a long 13 hour bus from Hue we finally arrived.

During this trip I learned that Vietnamese people have no volume control on their voice. They literally yell right in your face. I had a lady steal my blanket when I went to the bathroom, I didn't even have time to say no. Mind you if I did tell her not to take it she wouldn't have understood me. To rectify this problem I took the blanket from the man sleeping next to me since he wasn't using his.

When we got off the bus it was cold, oh so cold. Why is it so cold??? Okay so I have looked up the weather in Hanoi it is only 15C I still think it is cold. Karrie has put on her winter jacket...and the room that we are staying in seems to be colder than it is outside. At least I get to wear my awesome full length jacket, the wind makes me look really bad ass. :)

We have booked a cruise for tomorrow 2 days and 1 night on a boat (food included) we will travel along Halong Bay and the Cat Ba islands. I figure it is going to be freezing on the water but maybe they will feed us some drinks to keep us warm. When we arrive back on the 28th in Hanoi we have to catch our airport bus at 8pm and BAM-(with enough extra fuel to fly away again or crash and burn) we will be in Bangkok, Thailand once again.

I was emptying out my purse I had a bunch of business cards for hotels. I have added them to my blog based on the fact that I would recommend it to a friend after staying there for a night or two. Hanoi guesthouse is where we are at right now, the room is alright $10US which seems to be the going rate except for in Saigon where it does cost more for accommodations. Here is the website for this guest house www.asiarooms.com 

Christmas was spent at a cafe eating food that was alright I guess, Karrie and I watched 'Overnight delivery' a Paul Rudd rom com while we caught up on internet stuff and wishing everyone a Merry Christmas.

I am going to eat me a whooper when I arrive on Koh San Rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment