Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Bangkok Thailand Round 3

We arrived at 1:15am through the immigration and off to Koh San Road to get a place to stay sleep and get ready to make our move to Koh Panang for the New Years Full Moon Party.

At 4am we wandered to grab some burger king as anyone already knows I have a soft spot for their burgers. People were still up and about drinking, partying, selling stuff and wandering around aimlessly. Anyone who has come into Bangkok and partied for a little while even a night or two knows very well what I am talking about. Here on Koh San Road doesn’t seem to change it is like time stands still here I don’t know exactly what it means but every time I walk down these streets back to the corner were we went our separate ways I can’t help but stare up at the sky and smile.

It was a huge change from what we were getting use to since departing Vang Vieng in Laos since everything shuts down and ready to count sheep by about 1am.

I know it is strange to say that I am feeling more like I have returned home, since there are so many good memories associated with this crazy city (even though I am only talking about a 5 block radius). This is the place I have come to know as my familiar and is able to act a little more like my crazy self and let the feeling of ‘holiday’ really take over. 

Karrie and I have both done a little bit of homework about our plans in the south I think that we will be staying in Had Rin for a little while before we head back to Bangkok. From Bangkok we are going straight to the island of Koh Samet. It has been 3 years since we have been there and are oh so excited to relive a little of the past and enjoy the blissful sunsets once again. I have decided that this place is a little piece of heaven down on Earth and I have never been so excited to go somewhere that I have been before, again.
Tomorrow we make our way to the south islands to party and whatever else this insane trip throws our way.

We are ready. Bags are packed and soon we will be en route to what has been said one of the craziest ‘raves’ in SE Asia. 

Oh man Whooper Jr.
I will be M.I.A. during this time and will update all about my adventures down south when I return to Bangkok. 

No comments:

Post a Comment