Sunday, October 30, 2011

Peak District

Danny's family was nice enough to take us out to Peak District today to show me around the hills of the area. Monsal Head consisted of a bridge, a tunnel, waterfall and lets not forget the grassy plains surrounded by hills. We walked around in the bridge but voted against walking all the way through.


Where is that secret brick, I know that it is around here somewhere.
We didn't actually walk across this bridge but we did take a couple pictures before we decided to walk towards the waterfall. I was quite excited to see what was and English waterfall entailed.

A picture of me testing out the temperature of the water.


The full effect of the waterfall.
 
From the little bridge in Bakewell...there was a large 'infestation' of birds from the tourists feeding them way to much bread. Seriously oversized.
After our slow incline back to the top we drove into the town of Bakewell, known for their pudding? Around town I pet my first goose, strolled in some very quaint shops and the arts and crafts fair.
A fish & chips shop in Matlock Bath.
Off to Matlock Bath, a place filled with fish and chip shops, sweets and ice cream all down the street. There is even a small amusement park at the top of the hill.

I tried my first meat pie today (steak and potatoes) I have to tell you that with gravy on top it was sure delicious. A another wonderful day out exploring the new and exciting nearby locations.

Over and Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment