Friday, October 28, 2011

Fred Zeppelin

It was due time to set off into the weekend night life and we had come across a flyer saying that there was a Zeppelin tribute band playing right in our own backyard. Of to a place called The Flower Pot. I thought it was an odd name for a venue but when I stepped inside I realized that this place couldn't fit more than 50. Danny tells me there was a sign above the door saying that the capacity was 250, I really doubt that.

They started their show at half past 9, I seriously thought that they would begin their show later but I guess here people want to make it back home before midnight. However they did play a full 2 hour set with no intermission.

The drummer was an old bald man with a translucent drum set that I found mighty mesmerizing, to be able to watch his hands while he played out his solos. The bass guitarist was 25 pointed out to the crowd by the lead singer. The guitarist did his part in bringing some flare to the stage, with over the head riffs and him playing a long winded outro with a violin bow. The lead singer Fred Zeppelin had his own personal touch but in the end I wish his voice was as powerful as Robert Plant. i was a little sad that they didn't have a keyboard as part of their set. To be honest I'm not really hacking on them at all it was a nice reminder that classic rock will on even when 90% of the people at the gig was about mid 40's doesn't mean that the younger generation cannot appreciate the live production of something that changed the souls of the past.

Bringing some awesome classics: (in no order) Whole lotta love, Tangerine, Stairway to heaven, Communication breakdown, Dazed and confused, Kashmir, Black Dog, Misty mountain hop, Rock n' Roll, Nobody's fault but mine, Immigrant song...and so on. I really wished that they would have played D'yer M'aker.

Now I have to say that I have been lucky enough to have seen 'A Whole Lotta Led' at Pemberton. Since this show reminded me of them I went ahead to take a look at their future gig dates and found that they will be playing in England. I hope that we can catch them whilst they are touring Europe. Side note: On this search for Zeppelin tribute bands I found that there is a full girl band called Zepparella, after youtubing them I found the urge to pay them a visit too. I'll have to wait until I make it back to the states before that will happen.

Final note: LONG LIVE LED ZEPPELIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment