Sunday, October 10, 2010

Full 24 hours in Chiang Mai

Okay since it is fresh in my mind at the moment.
Yesterday I woke up at 6am, headed out into the alleyways of Chiang Mai to grab a Caramel coffee, wifi and cinnamon toast. (btw you can't can't get this easily in China at least not in Jilin)
During the day we went out to find a holla hoop for Karrie since it was National Holla Hoop day back at home.
We were unsuccessful since:
1. They were more of a work out kind of holla (which makes them read heavy)
2. For some reason they had water in them or ridiculously huge.

After wards we went back to our hotel to recuperate.
By 5pm we were off again to the Sunday market.
Just to let everyone know when I say biggest market ever I really do mean it. It was rows and rows of shopping for as far as the eye can see.
During this time I bought these Mash Potato Balls from a street vender, I don't want to use this word to loosely but: Fuck were they darn yummy.
35 dollars Canadian later I had bought : 2 shirts, 1 pair of pants, 1 beautiful skirt, 2 bangles, a leather bracelet,  another jingle about gypsy like bracelet and a beautiful leather bound art book.
Dropped things off back at the hotel to get dolled up and we were ready for the last part of our night.

THC roof top bar: Was fantastic, the music made me smile all night and I couldn't stop dancing in my seat let along when I stood up. I am going back for sure.
They were playing my kind of music and they get a full 10 points for this.

We met some people at the bar as we always do, they taught us how to play 'Lobster shit' (that was taught to an American by Chinese people) and 'Zoo' Both equally fun drinking  games that remind me of English  games that I use to play in class, more 'Zoo' than the other one.

After drinking several rum and redbull it was time to head off for our midnight snack plus they kicked us out of the bar...lol
Off to a place called Mike's btw their chili isn't very good but their burgers are.
Bugs for sale at the Sunday Night market


Roof top bar

The 'Zoo' Gang

Som Tam and Thai Tea

Karrie and I at the reggae bar

it is time to party.

Well I am off to finish my coffee. I hope you enjoyed the randomness of yesterdays adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment