Friday, October 15, 2010

Arrival in Pai

So we left Chiang Mai this afternoon and got on a what I like to call a tuk-truck to the bus stop.

I do have to say that I will miss living on the fourth floor and having a balcony to watch over the alley in Chiang Mai. Also I will miss the hammock on the roof! I won’t miss the construction that was going next door of our guest house though.  

After picking up a total of 8 people, onto a mini bus with 12 folks!!  The view was spectacular I have never seen a jungle so green and lush in my life. The trees had leaves growing out of the trunks, you couldn’t see bark on any of them, after many windy roads we made a pit stop. 

Grabbed an ice coffee, I sure love that condensed milk in my iced drinks. YUM.

Heading back in the bus I started to feel really nauseous. The windy roads were making me seriously ill, Karrie told me about a pressure point on my wrist and I think it distracted me long enough to make it to Pai.
Along the way I saw my first wild water buffalo and Thai cows (which were brown btw) wandering near the side of the road. 

After we got off the bus I realized I DON’T HAVE MY HAT...SHIT. Okay, so I ran back to the bus stop got the lady to call the bus and she hopped on a moto bike and picked it up for me. Bless her efforts. I have a feeling I am going to lose on a bus somewhere along the way. I have over 4 months to lose this hat I figure if it can make it to Canada it was meant to be my travel hat.

We enjoyed a nice pineapple-banana shake and a Pad Thai when we arrived, I am pretty sure by the end of this trip I will have eaten a life time worth of Pad Thai. I lost count after 10 I would like to think that I am at about two dozen.

So we went hunting for a place with wifi ended up paying 350BAHT (and the wifi doesn’t work) we got a double bed A/C room which by the way is the oddest room I have ever stayed in. (okay so I am going to try to describe this room for ya, so there are two beds...one single in front of the windows there is a fan above it. The second bed is in a different room where the A/C and another fan are located. There is a back door that leads to some smoking tables. Okay this is the weird part Karrie pointed out that the art on the wall in the hallway is the same as the art in the ceiling but is only two tiles. Umm WTF? To top this off the sink is outside of the bathroom....which we have seen before but still leaves me wondering why it isn’t in the bathroom. ¼ of the room is painted yellow, leaves me to think that someone got lazy. So all in all there are 4 pseudo rooms and we have a front and back door that leads to smoking tables. See pictures below. 
Two tiles in the ceiling that left me wondering.

The one on the wall.

Our inside outside bathroom

the bed in front of the windows, there is a door to the left that leads to another room with a bigger bed.


Since I have been here the feeling that I get from Pai is pretty darn relaxed nothing but mountains and jungles all around us. Soon we will have to figure out how to cross the border into Laos and our journey continues.
P.S. The crickets here are bigger than the geckos.

No comments:

Post a Comment