Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Arrival in Vientiane, Laos

Okay so after leaving Pai (2:30pm) we were on the same windy road back to Chiang Mai,
4 hours later we arrived in Chiang Mai we had 2 hours to kill before heading off to Nong Khai.
We ate some dinner and was back on a new mini bus. (7:30pm)
After tossing and turning we made a pit stop at a 7-11 gas station and we were off for the last part of our journey in Thailand.
We arrived in Nong Khai (6am) filled out our visa forms for Loas and eat some toast with jam and down a cup of coffee, I was really excited to see the Mekong river and head over the friendship bridge in to Laos. (8am) We finally made it through borders obtained a Laos visa.
Now besides coming to Laos to laz around in a hammock I had to get a Thai visa extension.
Off to the Thai Embassy in Vientiane (9:45am), by 11am I had finally finished my visa application, got my recipet and was ready to eat some darn lunch.

After a short time we were drinking Beer Lao and having a beef burger. Okay so I have to say that going vegetarian is going to be an easy turn over. 1. I use to be vegetarian. 2. My burger was very raw. 3. I heard some stories about upset tummies shortly after my arrival from eating meat.

I then went to exchange my money for some Kips (Lao currency) btw for the people out there who don't know 1 Canadian dollar = 7666.83 Kips. So I exchanged $110.00CAD = 842,662.83 Kips I have alot of large dividens of money now. I will take a picture later. I have some videos that are going to follow this note from thailand since I didn't have a good enough connect to load them at the previous guest houses.




I am off to get come cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment