Sunday, September 26, 2010

Arrival in Bangkok, Thailand

After 5 hour flight from Changchun to Guangzhou and another 3 hours from Guangzhou to Bangkok.

I hopped on the bus into town, walked around for awhile until I found a hostel that I quite like called NAP PARK. This is where it is all going to begin.


By that time it was already about 1am. I put all my things into the locker and before I knew it I had already started making friends.

I had forgotten how easy it was to make friends with travelers since living in China for so long. Everyone was so friendly, I chatted with them about music, life and all sorts of random things until about 4-5am.
Soi Ramburti near Koh san rd has so many markets I really want to go shopping but I don't think that it is a good idea since I want to stay in SE Asia for as long as possible to avoid coming home to Edmonton in the winter. I will have to fight the urges to buy things!!

Traveling alone for this little while until I meet up with Karrie tomorrow night at the Bangkok airport has me thinking I enjoy the company of others just to much to travel for a long time alone. I guess we are always doing some soul searching with out even knowing finding out more and more things about ourselves.

I have also realized that if I never stay in one place for long, all my friendships are bound to be temporary in the end. I never thought that it would bother me until now.

leaving China

No comments:

Post a Comment