Thursday, September 16, 2010

Good-bye Jilin

Estabon the guardian of the house.
I know it seems crazy to say this now but I never thought that I would see the day when I would have been living abroad for a whole year. I know that when I had first started I thought that time was moving so slow...now that it is time I feel like the last year just blinked on by.

I arrived in September during the H1N1 scare, started meeting people at a Halloween party that no one dressed up for. Thanksgiving with tons of friendly strangers that are use to new faces, Christmas with some new found friends. New years was a druken fiasco with new friends and a nearby local foreigner bar with a live band. I spent my first birthday (24th) in my apartment I think I invited every single person I had met in Jilin. Chinese New years (spring festival) the year of the Tiger (my year) was filled with dumplings, drinks and lots of fire works.  Canada day wasn't much but we Canadians met up with the American's to shoot fire works off all on the same night. I celebrated my schools 10 year anniversary, Mid-Autumn festival and Dragon Boat day with some very awesome people.

I had started falling in love with teaching and is really considering the idea of getting my bachelor of Education and take teaching as a career.

Two weeks before I am finished my contract I had to have to have a good party to say good bye to all the awesome people I have met along this part of my life long journey. So this entry is me reminiscing about good ol' time had by all.

My beloved art class.

Our last class together.

Cosplay at Bei Shan

View of Jilin

After math of Canada day and Independence day.

First time horseback riding since Jr.high.

My one and only time at the driving range. I learned that  I am not good at driving the bar as far as I physically can.

My 24th birthday party.

Before the flood.

After the flood.

Zong Dong mall...there is a very small amusement park inside.

Typical China.

The river in Jilin.

G+ one of the bigger KTVs in Jilin and it was only a couple blocks from my apartment.

Mobile food vendor.

Me playing bar tender.

Fruit platter Chinese stylez.

Last week in Jilin also Mid-Autumn day.

Mr. Turtle.

This was the only picture from the Jilin museum that was worth posting.


Bruce the bat we rescued from the street, he didn't make it through the traffic accident.

Chinese people fall a lot?



School's 10 year anniversary.

I know that I will think back to these times as one of the best life learning experiences and a great path I had decided to take in life. I hope everyone there has as fond memories of me as I do of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment