Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Japan Throwback

Dear Friends,
I am still here in Tokyo Japan, I have been meaning on posting tonnes and tonnes of things about Tokyo. I wanted to sit back and write you a ka-ba-jillion words. I was lost in living the high paced Japanese life style and most of all enjoying my day to day life. So here I am sitting around this Friday evening thinking 'MAN, it has been a long ass time since I have written anything about Japan.' After months, weeks and many hours of procrastination I am finally going to share some of the things that I have done in the past couple months.

Where to start?
Monika, Cho-san and I at Purikura. You might have already seen tonnes of pictures like this on facebook but really these photobooths are amazing. You can borrow the costumes that are already there and use them in the photobooths! $4 of fantastic fun! Love these, I was actually thinking about marketing these somewhere in North America. They would be a hit.  Monika is my cosplay buddy, she has already gone back to Poland I will miss our purikura days! 
I moved out of the guest house and into my friend's place. This is my new room if you were wondering where I sleep at night. Rirakuma says HIII!
I spend a lot of time on the rooftop playing guitar and contemplating life. Like a lot of time. I have watched the sunset, rise and set again. 
My last guitar Jam, I was hosting a guitar jam at a cafe that I worked as an English chat host. I will really miss these sessions. This is Jin with his left handed guitar, he doesn't speak a lot of English but his improves and motivation to learn haven't been overlooked. 
I spent a lot of time on this beach in Zushi, I did an English camp there for a week teaching 5 year olds. They even made me a good bye certificate, I'll show you if you ever come over to my house in Edmonton. That is to say if I have one in the near future :P
This is my new friend Kristina (a wrestler I have to add) She is WAY strong and very cool :) I added this particular picture because I wanted you guys to remember that I usually make terrible faces for photos. It still happens to this day. 
Need I say more, share the love!
I want to say that this picture speaks for itself. In the end this is a good bye party for Cindy, Monika and I since we are all leaving this izakaya (Japanese style restaurant). I drank a lot this evening, so much I even fell asleep at the counter I usually serve drinks at. This photo is taken at umm...7am?
That's right folks there are still Polaroids being taken all around the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment