Saturday, August 16, 2014

Summer Sonic 2014

I finally made it to a music festival here in Tokyo, it is about an hour away from my house and really it was one of those last minute decisions.

For those who know me, I love Mogwai and I couldn't imagine my sleepless nights without them.
I was able to create many hours worth of work because of their music. So after my return from South Korea I was thinking about how I could see them, it so happens that they were playing at Summer Sonic.

I walked in the middle of the night to two 7-11's to find tickets, I struck out at the first one. Due to the staff's lack of English skills but at the second one he spoke great English! So the store clerk was able to help me buy a ticket. I really was able to to go, I had a ticket in hand.






There were 5 main stages and 5 little ones all held at Makuhari Messe which is next to the baseball stadium. The baseball stadium was also used as the main stage for the larger bands, though on Saturday we were all caught in the rain. Man was I glad I brought my umbrella!


No comments:

Post a Comment