Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas in Tokyo

Heather  and I at a Christmas party!
Here in Tokyo or should I say Japan they don't celebrate Christmas like we do at home. Everyone needs to go to work and it really a special day for kids and couples. They buy Christmas cake and eat KFC (instead of turkey?) I had to work on Christmas day and Boxing day as well so it really didn't feel like Christmas to me.
There was even a gingerbread house. A real one!
The 'gingerbread' house we made after Thanksgiving.

Heather picked up this Christmas cake for the party, I still have the ax.  Such a yummy cake.
A group picture that I nicked off of facebook.
I am really thankful that I was invited to the party since I met some really amazing people, ate a lot of food and felt like I had a real Christmas so far away from home.
Asia made candy grams for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment