Friday, December 13, 2013

Bonenkai - Forget the year gathering

It is an end of year party usually with colleges and friends, I have been invited to three this year but have only attended one. The one I missed was one free drink at a pub in Shinjuku, sounded quite pricey from what I heard.

This one that I attended was the best one, we were able to make requests for food and all got free drinks since it was held at the izakaya that I work at part time.
There was no shortage of food since there were three tables that looked like this. 
This is a party for everyone to drink and not worry about being so polite unlike other work gatherings, where people don't have to dress up and just be themselves. In this case we were no different just a little bit more drunk. I really love the people I work with and we were able to invite close friends to the party as well. Damn I have a wonderful boss.

On top of that we wrote Kanji the proper way with ink and the fancy calligraphy brush, learning how to use this was pain in the butt but it was tonnes of fun. We are suppose to write something that we wanted for the upcoming year on these papers. I don't know what happened to them but there were many written this evening.
I would have posted my two Kanji that I wrote but they were horrific in comparison to the more professional calligraphy writers.   Yushii = wanderer, traveler It is terrible but I thought I would share my dream for my year. I also wrote Friendship Yujo
Kris showing off his skills : A picture of Hanya

Asia's picture of the newspaper neko found while were drawing. This is by far the best one.
I had so much fun, I don't know about the other ones but this one is definitely a memorable end of year party.

No comments:

Post a Comment