Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving Potato Party

A picture that I nicked of all of us off of facebook. 
Turkey? Where? In Japan turkey is stupidly expensive and isn't easy to find. I found a smoked turkey thigh in an import market for $21 and that was only one leg. So instead we did a collaborative pot luck in out guest house. I wanted to write about it mostly for myself since most of you reading this didn't get the chance to celebrate it here with me. I just wanted to make sure a couple years down the road I will remember what I did for thanksgiving after I have long gone.


Chicken, roasted potatoes, mash, veggie sticks, homemade hummus. 

After we were all done eating it was Shisha Time! Off to Vang Vieng in Takananobaba  (click link for facebook page) where we all got dressed up and had a blast.

I couldn't think of a better way to unwind and laugh off all the food. <3



Please watch the video Potato day @ vangvieng

Beautiful hookas!!!
Please watch the video of how we made this 'gingerbread' house. Which was more like a poptart with icing. We were going to make this but I didn't know when I bought it that it was from scratch. So this came a couple days later. (Heather I stole this picture cause my ipod died and I didn't get any photos :()
Also FYI: the reason this is was called Potato Day because people just kept bring potatoes to the potluck.
  1. Mash Potatoes
  2. Roasted Potatoes
  3. Chips
  4. Potato Salad
  5. French Fries
  6. I'm sure there was more.....
Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment