Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Day in London

Coming up to the Museum!

When you walk inside.
Natural History Museum I love the fact that most museums in England are free, unlike at home. I am sure that i have mentioned this before. Since Danny and I are huge dinosaur fans off we went, they had the most complete works of dinosaurs, evolution, underwater, birds, insect exhibit that I have ever seen. If you are ever wondering what you should do in London I definitely would recommend going here. There are an abundance of things to see and touch!
I thought this was a great depiction of England.

In front of Trafalgar Square.

National Art Museum.

National Art Museum: This place is mostly about western European renaissance art from 1250-1900. I personally was impressed by the realistic portraits, unfortunately I don't recognize the faces. There were huge murals that I could never imagine painting myself. The skill and time put into the artwork in these exhibits were fantastic. After so many rooms (about 45 rooms over 2300 pieces of art) of art I wanted to see a different style of work. Off to the impressionist rooms where they featured the fantastically known Monet. They had an exhibit which you had to purchase a ticket to see Leonardo Da Vinci's works. If you are an art lover there is lots to see inside and outside.
A panoramic photograph by Will Pearson (because my camera doesn't have this feature, it will when I buy a new camera :P)


Foodie Note: Sen Viet in London. I was really eager to get some traditional Pho when we landed...so off we went to the nearest place that we could find on google map. When we arrived I very quickly ordered salad rolls, beef Pho and a charbroiled satay chicken vermicelli and an Vietnamese ice coffee. As you can tell I had been thinking about this meal for awhile. When it comes to Vietnamese food I am quite the critic since the month in Vietnam spoiled me.

They were out of  Viet coffee, sad face. Their salad rolls were smaller than I usually get back home in Edmonton and the peanut sauce lacked the kick that I am use to. The Pho was the biggest disappointment of the whole meal instead of traditional thin flat rice noodles I got the thick ones, which doesn't ruin the meal but I am so use to the thin kind in Pho and the thicker ones for Chinese style stir fry noodle dishes (picture below). It still came with sprouts, mint leaves and sliced dragon peppers. The chicken was fantastic if you find yourself at Sen Viet order this, the chicken was melt in your mouth and was marinated in a very mouth watering sauce.


Now for the lack of better words here is a picture Chinese beef stir fry noodles.
( ngàuh ròu chǎo ho fěn) Literal meaning:  Dry-fried beef rice noodles. 

1 comment: