Saturday, November 12, 2011

More about England

Before we get into the food I wanted to state that I am not only paying attention to the eateries.

Pasties: Not the the nipple tassels that are associated with the word pasty but actual pastries. They can be eaten hot or cold! I have had a chance to eat a couple different variations it is something amazing, a light round pastry with filling inside folded to look like a pizza pocket or a calzone. 
French fries on bread, you heard me folks this is a real dish here in England but they came up with a fancy name for it. CHIP BUTTY...don't worry it makes me giggle too.

Now chips on bread, you heard me right once again! Crisp Sandwich! I can't believe that I found both of those things on wiki, in the end I have learned that there are stoners everywhere in the world. Sounds like something I already knew but must have forgotten along the way.

Today I went to investigate a plant that I thought was mint but NO it wasn't....I was stung by a Nettle plant, wiki tells me that they are found in North America but I can't recall ever being stung by any plant in my life. Giving me little burnie bumps, with out antihistamines or cream lets apply a home remedy. Vinegar to the rescue about an hour later it subsided. I have posted a picture of Nettle plant and a mint do you know which one is which?
Picture 1
Picture 2


No comments:

Post a Comment