Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Off to London!


I have always loved the idea of travelling by train but as most Canadians know that yet it is comfortable but because everything is so far apart that it is also very expensive. Unless you are only travelling around Ontario and Quebec. ViaRail has their moments when they post deal on their website but you would have to watching very closely with vacation days in the pocket to benefit from those.

Now I have heard from many residents of the UK and Europe that travelling by train is where it is at. Since there is a show tomorrow that is located in London this is the perfect chance to test the waters. We booked through East Midland trains at first I thought that the tickets were quite expensive then with the cheap tickets we got a pair for £12 each not bad! After a 2 hour ride we saunter our way to a new hostel.


Sticky rice FTW!
FOODIE MOMENT: I didn't know where to recognize these two facilities so here it is. 


Thai Boran: This is the first place that I have eaten authentic Thai food since Thailand and that was very sad to say. Since it is very expensive at home and through time spent in Thailand you just don't want to pay what the market wants for it. Since the lacking in Dim Sum, Japanese and Vietnamese food post arrival I have yearning. There was Thai Boran that I walk by almost every time I leave the house, so it was time to explore what was inside. 
An old picture of a Pad Thai taken in Pai.


We ordered a Singha, Thai style spring rolls with plum sauce (Por Pai Gai), ribs marinated perfectly (Cee Crong Moo),  Pad Thai Gai cause it was unavoidable, Masaman curry an excellent curry with sticky rice (Kao Hneoy) which strangely enough came in a plastic bag in a bamboo rice steamer.


Got to love mouth watering spare ribs!
Love coconut milk based curries with cashews.
Everything was fantastic but the part I would like to make note of is the Thai music, embroidered elephants on wall hangings and the velvet paintings of traditional Thai markets. Not only that the waiter had the Thai accent and we very much polite and accommodating. The timing for our food was a bit on the slower side but then again life in Thailand was slow paced there isn't any rush to go anywhere when you are sitting on the beach. The whole meal costed £24 and tip =1170 ฿!!! Then again I am eating it in England. Now I'm hungry again. Here is a shout out to all those in Thailand, EAT THAI FOOD and send me pictures!

That was my foodie moment. If you can't go to Thai let Thailand come to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment