Saturday, March 29, 2014

Animal Cafes In Tokyo

Now I don’t know if you all know that you can go to a restaurant/cafe in Tokyo and just hang out with animals. Whether it be cats, dogs, rabbits, owls, penguins or even goats! I had been meaning to check one of these out to see what it is all about and I finally did after being in Tokyo for 8 months. (WOW, time really flies) So we picked out one on a top 10 list of best neko cafes in Tokyo, it had the best interior decor. It was located in Kichijoji, I do have to let you know that it was really hard to find. I can’t remember how long we walked around for but it was a hell of a  long time. Finally after stopping for lunch and trying one last time (I was determined not to give up) I found the sign for it and we were able to enter.
It was 1500yen for an hour and it didn’t even include drinks, I have to say I was quite disappointed with this. When we entered we were able to sit anywhere where each table had a menu of all the cats that they housed. Now I have toIMG_4320 make note that they don’t have all the cats out at once they are rotated in and out, I would say that they had about 10 cats out at once. Now the down fall about this cafe was the fact that there were a lot more people than there were cats. There is one big RULE here is that you cannot pick up the cats. Which boggles my mind since they are really spoiled and only come to you if you have already bought treats  to feed them even though there are large amount of cat toys to choose from. The cats here don’t want to play. Making this not a very good deal. I have on the other hand heard there are more cosier places where the ratio from human to cats are more even giving the individual more for hat they paid for.
Heather, Cindy and I all together didn’t get a lot of time hanging out with the cats except for the ones that were sleeping but this is only because they are too lazy to move.IMG_4383 >.<
We made the most of what we could of the place and enjoyed the time we had inside. Of course you can always buy a membership or go there when they have 1/2 price hours but this one wasn’t one I would go back to, though the decor was really awesome. Like out of a Studio Ghibli movie.
Now there is a part two of this post! Monika, Asia and I went to a yagi (goat) cafe to see what this one was all about. Now this was totally different! There were two goats outside and you don’t have to pay an hourly fee to hang out with them. The cafe is located in Shibuya and to be honest the menu at this place was more like a real restaurant and was more appealing. People walking by could just take pictures whenever they wanted and we were able to sit outside next to them on he sofa. Not bad right?
I think I will go to the owl one next. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment