Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Youth Hostels (Insider Story)

Most long term travelers know or at least have heard working for accommodations, if not...now you do. This post isn't dedicated to any place in particular but as an overall compilation of thoughts with an undertone of the title.

My time spent traveling has always been in and out of hostels, meeting people in the bunks that surround me and most of all making life long friends in places we all called home temporarily. Moving around has given me the opportunities that many people would just out right say 'fortunate'. I worked hard and played my cards right or better yet 'carefully', I don't think it was chalked up to luck in any way. Like a game of chess it is necessary to think ahead from time to time, not everything can just be 'winged'.  

As I sit back and think to myself om one of my walks in the empty streets of the dawn or climbing to hostel rooftops to watch the stars... (btw the ones in Korea are the most accessible) I just ponder life and what I shall do in the upcoming days, most of all my whole outlook of life gets reanalyzed on a quarterly basis. (actually more) 

Now that I have started working for accommodations at a hostel (this is my second time), I meet people faster than ever and in an abundance. I had forgotten that every Hello is a Goodbye and to make life long friends in a short amount of time isn't impossible but takes a toll on your heart.

I have met so many wonderful people these past months and I can't imagine doing anything else with my life right now. Maybe I will jump back and forth from Taiwan and other countries until I can finally find another place that has won my heart like Taipei has.




No comments:

Post a Comment