Sunday, September 8, 2013

Yokohama

Cup Noodle Museum: 
YAY Yokohama!! First off we headed straight for the cup noodle museum since it seemed like a logical place to hit up first. We were all under the impression that this place would have the longest line ups. Which wasn't incorrect after we arrived. There were quite a few people there.

Going through the Cup Noodle Museum in the right order is highly recommended, since we kind of went backwards through it.  We should have taken a closer look at the map that they gave us. First was nice that the movie about Momofuku Ando's life and accomplishments had an English (plus Korean, Chinese, etc.) audio guide which I really appreciated. Making the story all the more comprehensible.

Since the entirety of the museum is 97% Japanese it made it hard to truly enjoy the whole walk through. To my surprise it wasn't as large as I would have hoped but we had Japanese friends to answer any questions we had about the descriptions on the wall. The pictures were definitely cute though!


From there I was easily roped into making my own cup noodle. For 300 yen we were able to draw on it, put the noodles in (I even cranked it in the cup myself, finished by a cute 'DING' pick our soup stock, and 4 ingredients!

To finish everything off we got to place our cup noodle in an air bag attached to a string to carry around and serve as a protective barrier. Since most of the customers were children under the age of 10.

Mine is the one on the left!

All in all it took about an hour, I wasn't going to post my drawing but hey whatever we only live once. Enjoy.

Mine's the wolf.
Enough Cup Noodles? I don't think so there are 4 walls.

Vanish- Roller Coaster @ Cosmoworld
For 700 yen it is totally worth it, Japanese roller-coaster  ✓  
We were incited by the pictures all over the internet of a watery chasm that you just disappear into. If you like roller-coasters do it. Also when you go take someone that laughs like a maniacal super Mario, it will make your day. I will never forget that sound.
Yokohama Chinatown
If you like steam buns, soup dumplings or all you can eat Chinese food this is the where you want to be. I found massive and I mean massive steam buns that sell for 2100yen but they are the size of half a soccer ball. I don't know if they sell any but I was so tempted to buy one and see if I could take on the challenge. If you like any anything or everything panda hit up China town.

Red Brick Warehouse
Is it weird to say that this place smells amazing, or maybe I was having my second wind after Chinatown. Their food areas have samples of all sorts, imported goods and also bakeries. I love the smell of fresh pastries!! The other half is a shopping mall, with mostly overprices but interesting things to look at. The building itself has some history but I had already had a drink or two by this point and was ready to move along to the park. Wait I think I came from the park.
Yamashita Park:
The park here wasn't something that I would have talked about but I thought it was worth the mention since we sat around and smoked our friends hooka with panazz. On the Sunday that we were there they had some DJ talk for hours but eventually we found our little spot. In the pouring rain we sat until I was ushered home cause I drank all the wine.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog! The information you provide is quiet helpful. Wooden Concepts executes perfection & quality craftsmanship in custom Wooden Pens unique & handcrafted wood products.

    ReplyDelete