Friday, July 5, 2013

Japanese Holiday Working Visa

As for myself I needed to be home to get this application done, printing off all the proper paper work took quite some time.
  • Doctor's Note (bill of health) - For myself I got it simply going to my family doctor, in the UK the doctor wanted to charge me £99 for this piece of paper.
  • A cover letter stating why you want to go and what you want to do there. (this has to be one page long)
  • Passport photo 
  • Resume/CV - this one is hard I didn't know what to write but I kept it as simple as possible, google translate did most of the work.
  • Application form
  • Hotel booking for the initial entry into the country
  • Valid ID: my expired drivers licence wasn't acceptable, luckily for me I went to renew mine soon after so when they called me I was able to send them the copy of my temporary divers licence. 
  • The Itinerary- This process took me the longest, since I had to research all the places I wanted to go do, since this is something that I wanted to actually know I spent a lot time  working on this project. From there I got a little overwhelmed with how much I wanted to see verses the time frame they allow you. :::: So with the visa you can stay for an automatic 6 month working your way around, with that you can renew it for another 6 months in the country. Yay.
  • A print off of your flight itinerary, for mine I sent it in with a confirmation number. I don't know how thorough they are about checking everything, so I added a theoretical flight that I would buy when granted the visa.
  • Bank Statement: Stating how much money you have available to you, signed, dated and with the logo somewhere on it.
  • Self addressed envelope.
  • Oh yeah, YOUR PASSPORT must have more than 1 year before the expiry date.
I hope I covered everything..I am sure that it will change he future. As for myself I had to travel to the Calgary office in order to apply for the visa itself. I needed to toss all these papers to a physical person. In the end I got there waited for my turn got asked a couple questions and was sent to finish my application process. 

1. I had to make a copy at Grandin Toy of my drivers licence.
2. Run to the bank to get an official stamp and a signature. 

A huff and a puff I raced back to the consulate, from there I was able to walk away and make the wait. It was Friday when I went and I got it in the mail Wednesday after. I did have to email them my new drivers but that wasn't so hard.

Don't let this deter you, at least it is a free visa and with this you can work and travel through Japan as long as you are between the ages 18-30.


You get this card at the airport when you arrive! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment