Friday, June 3, 2011

More Island Fun

Yay, Dim Sum. I couldn't believe that Danny had never tired dim sum before, either way he has now. I felt fantastic after lunch what a wonderful way to start a day. Time to relax for a bit before we head to the beach with Travis.

The beach was on one side of us, filled with old washed up trunks of all different kinds and sizes, dead crabs, people walking their dogs and a nice sea breeze. I do love the smell of salt water and the sound of waves crashing onto the beach.






It has been ages since I have sat in a jam session, I remember watching people jamming together use to be such a regular occurrence. Not anymore. Heather shared some of her peach cider with me, damn that was some good shit. While they were playing I read a short story by Neil Gaimen - The Witch's Headstone, I was also reminded that when I 'watched' people jam together that I would just end up reading. I also learned that there are a lot more word games that I thought there were on this planet and I am not good at them.

I can't believe we start making our way back to Edmonton tomorrow. These two weeks sure went by quickly. I really wanted to stay on the island for a little while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment