Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Autumn Day in Japan

Hashimaki
Oyaki
Today was a wonderful day, it is a national holiday here in Japan and there are many festivities all day. My roommate, his girlfriend and I went to an Omatsuri which is a Japanese style festival. It was something that I never thought that I would come to the point in my time in Japan where I am still astonished and impressed by my surroundings. 
Grilled Mochi
I have been to many before but this one was the one of the largest and most entertaining of all. Since there was tonnes of food and games!

I ate: 1 kinds of hashimaki for the first time, squid, oyaki, chocolate covered banana, waffle stick, potatoes with mayo and mentako sauce and more. 
This is an old traditional game where you carve a shape out of candy to win actual money. I thought it looked super easy until I tried. I almost got it but then I broke it. Then ate it. 


On top of all of that I was able to join in a Mikoshi which is where the carry a family shrine down the street, I was given the festival wear and an old lady tied my golden obi.
Another video <----CLICK


On days like today I can't imagine leaving Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment