Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Off to Ireland

Wakening this morning was slow, arduous and very unproductive. We ended up rushing around, it was not my idea of an efficient nor fun way to start a journey. All of our packing and our organizing was near non existent. I sorely rose from slumber to only find that we were instantly lacking the time that we needed to get things together before we were late for our many transfers to get to southend airport. I am so glad that we didn't catch the morning flight, I was really against trying to find a way to get to Ireland at a leisurely pace. Even us leaving so late in the afternoon we weren't moving fast enough.

Return tickets to Belfast was only £80 for two people so it wasn't too expensive. Should have done it sooner but better late than never. I can't wait to see Ireland!

We must be blessed with some possible force because after fretting about our lack of time (Mortlake -> Waterloo -> Bank -> Liverpool Street -> Southend) Arriving at baggage check in 10 minutes before it closed.

Now on the plane we will arrive 20 minutes early, another stroke of luck. To me though this time it was a small victory that we made it on to the plane at all I thought that we would miss it for sure. So when we were soaring high over the clouds I felt mighty relieved and was a bit flabbergasted that we made it at all since a couple hours ago nothing was packed and I was fast asleep.



No comments:

Post a Comment