Saturday, January 26, 2013

Amsterdam Day 3

This morning we were able to get our tradition dutch breakfast including hagelslag 'dutch chocolate sprinkles' accompanied by bread and butter. On the side you can get cold cuts which I believe was ham at our hostel and sliced cheese. I took advantage of the granola and yogurt with your universal apple/orange juice/coffee/tea as a morning beverage. There was a note next to a breakfast cake 'try me with butter' it was one of those hey I haven't had this before, better try it moments. I myself was like cake and chocolate sprinkles for breakfast whats not to like?


We checked out of our room and went to the museum Rijks Museum where they featured Rambrandt works and the famous 'The Night Watch'. The building itself looks enormous from the outside but I guess the rooms indoors were quite large making the exhibit quite small when you walk through it. There were many other museums to visit Danny and I for once wasn't in the mindset to hop from museum to museum on this trip. Until next time.

The best way to stay in Amsterdam is to rent an apartment of your own with full facilities, since we currently live in staff housing and share our bathroom and kitchen we really appreciated having our own place. For 70 Euro a night we got a full flat!!

View from our apartment window.

A picture of the tram, car lane, bicycle lane as well!
Tonight I wanted to celebrate my birthday, we went to Liedse Square were all the bars are at. During our first drink of the evening we asked the bartender were they had live music there was one place around the corner but when we walked up they were playing Crazy train by Ozzy, so we wandered to the jazz bar Alto were there was a live band. The band 'The Soul Catcher' even gave me a birthday shout out after we spoke with them outside.Where found out that the band members were from all over the world! I had a wonderful evening out.

No comments:

Post a Comment