Friday, July 6, 2012

Leaving Cardiff and the Bay

At the Bunkhouse hostel we got free breakfast between 7-9am, you know the usual. (cereal, toast, jam/butter/marmalade, coffee and tea) I like it better when they have non dairy milk but it has yet to happen. One day I will open my own B&B and it will have non dairy products as a option for the lactose intolerant people out there in the world. I am sure that they would like a bowl a cereal in morning too. I know I would.

After check out and storing our things at the hostel my first stop was to visit the Cardiff festival that is ongoing for a couple months throughout the summer months until September. First stop over to city hall to catch some live music and festival celebrations when we arrived the security at the door didn't know what we were talking about. Luck for us the museum is right next door!

Danny and I always enjoy a good museum, it is all about the natural history and the dinosaurs.

Before heading to the bay I really wanted to get some noodles since yesterday the noodles we bought were quite sub par. I needed something with a bit more flavour, there is a place right next to Backhouse Hostel called Wok to Walk this is very much like our Ooddle Noodle or Wok Box in Canada which I love. I would recommend these places to people who like greasy noodles with sauces of all sorts and an assortments of additions from meat to nuts.
Cardiff Bay
Yum Yum, I got rice noodles with a coconut curry sauce with duck and cashews. It was excatly what I needed before heading out to the Bay in the misty rain. We walked in a relatively straight line all the way down to the Bay. When we got there I wasn't nearly as impressed with the scenery maybe I had built it up a bit too much before we arrived. I had just imagined this huge epic water front, maybe it was due to the train and it being a bit chilly. They were also setting up foodie stalls and attractions but none of them were open so there was no pretty lights or many people.

We took shelter from the rain in the Wales Millennium Centre and got to catch the Tuesday lunch hour preformances from music students playing classic acts from Peter Pan, Snow White and some I have never even heard of.

Cardiff Castle 
After some time in Wales, we headed back to Derby with a new plan of action!

No comments:

Post a Comment