Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Fan Fare - Kill Bill Restaurant - Gonpachi

Yes. Today we went to the restaurant that got trashed in Kill Bill.

Unfortunately it doesn't have the glass floor, but it is still way cool. When I got there I was expecting the stair case that she flies towards the second level during the fight scene but I guess it was a prop. Either way it was still super cool to go. It wasn't the easiest place to find and we were running a bit late since that is the Tokyo way. Being lost I mean. We were meeting people I had conversed with on Couch Surfers so into a  taxi from the station and 900yen and a couple of alley ways later we were there.

Upn arrival we were immediately greeted by the people we were meeting, and then when we stepped inside we were all greeted in one unison word by the whole staff of the building. Like a quick note that new customers had arrived. It was strange but I liked it, after that I noticed them doing it every time someone arrived. 
Of course they would have something like this near the doorway.

The staff were friendly and were from all around the world, from there we were able to order food. They had a variety of dons (meat on rice) and simple things like Japanese fried chicken. Also on top of your meal you can add the open buffet salad bar/drinks to your meal for an additional 300yen, which is what I did. The food looked pretty decent and was reasonably priced about 1000-2000yen for a rice dish but the menu itself was quite small - maybe they had a bigger selection for dinner.
This was everything they had the buffet for 300yen which is about $3CAD. So I hopped on the idea and ate my 3 dollars worth. Lol.

I think I'll go watch the movie now.

No comments:

Post a Comment