Thursday, August 11, 2011

Dub FX

I had to look up what his real name was Benjamin Stanford (DUB FX) from Australia who started as a regular street preformer. After joining a band he eventually struck out solo and moving to Europe.

His magic comes from an effects petals, beat boxing, live looping of his own voice and singing. <3 His sound is made from his soul making it organic but giving it the touch of synthetics that we all love and crave. We also cannot forget his Flower Fairy (his fiancee) you could see how much she loves him and creates even more energy on stage singing and dancing.

It was at the Empire which I haven't been to since they changed the name and renovated the venue.

 The line up to get into the venue was mighty slow even though it seemed organized, there was only two people searching everyone coming into the show. If they weren't so thorough people would have gotten through faster. They even checked the inside of my wallet! After we made it in you were free to come and go with ease. There are a couple of the things that I have to make note of which I have already started telling people was that I love the fact that there a fans pointing the dance floor. It was so well ventilated I didn't feel like I was going to over heat once. On the other side of the coin though water was $4.50 I don't even want to know how much an alcoholic drink would burn my wallet. The videos that I did get of him on stage were not of the best quality so I will find one via youtube.

Love me or not by Dub FX ( My favourite)

 
He sang "What I got" <3 enff said.
If you ever get a chance to see DUB FX, DO IT. You will be happy that you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment