Sunday, December 14, 2014

Getting to Gili Air

I'm departing from Ubud, a one way ticket. Is averaged at 400,000rupiah, I haggled quite a bit to get 325,000 I think I could have gotten it for 300,000 if I had tried harder. Pick up times were 7:30am, 9:30am and 11am. Of course I picked 11am so I could have my last breakfast from the guest house.
The owner of balimoon was saddened by the fact that we didn't book all of our tours through him. (Including my ticket) Though he didn't meantion to us that he even sold them in the first place. 

The driver showed up at 10:50am and I was off. We stopped and picked up 10 other people before making it to the port. Where you exchange your ticket for a boarding pass and you are ushered around to the pier. Here there are hawkers selling snacks, sunglasses and sarongs. We weren't given a time for when the speed boat would arrive. 

I think about 30 minutes later it showed up and people immediately disembarked and bags were loaded on. 

Our first stop was Lombok it was pouring rain when we docked. The stop was about 5 minutes net thing we knew we were on our way to Gili air! 

As you can see from the pictures above it was lovely weather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment