Sunday, April 5, 2015

Hakodate Food

Thee famous food here is squid, sashimi ika where they happily serve you one on a plate whilst it is still moving. I was wrong when I previously stated that wankosoba was intimidating. This had me stunned and squirming in my seat, the head was detached and most of all the tentacles still thriving in the normal life like way. The skin changed colours as time passed and my mind couldn't shake the humanity of it all, though when in Rome.

In the morning we headed to the fish market which was chalk full of crabs かに  being the most famous or should I say well known in Hokkaido. We ended up having a keisen don (sashimi rice bowls) for breakfast while wandering by more than enough live produce to make one appreciate sea life.

Though as I walked through this chilly place I had a momentary lapse to tsukiji in Tokyo where I had honestly believed that the ocean would be fished emptied in less than a year by the Japanese alone. 

After that, we ventured to the rope bridge. I had a suspicion that it would be closed due to the rainy and windy weather. It was. 

Well looks like next stop is Sapporo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment