Wednesday, September 20, 2017

First Class on A Long Haul Flight to Japan

I don't usually write about flights, since we all know that you get fed, try to sleep or watch copious amounts of television and hope that when you wake up you are being fed again whilst you patiently waiting for your descent.

This time was different, we got the 'wide' seats. We were on stand-by thanks to an ex-delta pilot and reaped the rewards of someone no showing for their Delta One flight. Since they only had one seat available when we first arrived I was prepared for us either waiting for the next flight to Tokyo.

As you can tell by the title, we made it on and, what a ride! Unlimited drinks, snacks and fancy meals with more than one course. Without a doubt we were elated and ready to make this haul with fully reclining seats. That is right folks they fold all the way down with pillows, blankets and a little box packed with all the daily fixens in it to make our flight as comfortable as possible.

Adam read his book, watched movies and napped at his leisure with ample cups of tea and mini salted dark chocolates we could eat.

I ended up vegging out and catching up on regular TV shows in a binge fashion as I played with the electric seat that had a massage option. Note to self: Get a massage chair. I didn't end up sleeping at all but it was by far the comfiest ride I have ever had in my entire life on a flight, even when I book economy and get a row to myself. I have been in business class once from Toronto to Seattle but this was the bees knees. I checked online and it equated to $4700 for the both of us! Talk about honeymoon luck :D


No comments:

Post a Comment